Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gar The Texan Has The Lowest Alexa Ranking Of Anyone I Know

I don't have the slightest idea what use it is, but there is this website called Alexa that generates what are called Alexa Rankings.

If your website gets an Alexa Ranking in the Top 100,000 apparently that is a good thing. Sort of the Internet equivalent of having a Top 20 TV Show in the Nielsen Ratings.

I'd not paid much attention to the Alexa Rankings due to not knowing what good it did me to pay any attention.

So, today, Sunday, I was bored. I decided to look at my Alexa Rankings.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that this very blog you are reading right now has an Alexa Ranking of 404,876, meaning there are only 404,875 websites and blogs, in America, that get more traffic than this one.

Then I looked at my Eyes on Texas website's Alexa Ranking. 242,002. That seemed like a good number.

Next I looked at my TV blog's Alexa Ranking. 196,477! I've only 96,476 to go and I'll crack the Top 100,000. Which is supposedly a good thing to do.

I was curious as to what the Alexa Rankings were for other blogs with which I am familiar.

So, I looked at Gar the Texan's Alexa Ranking. 18,280,372.

How about the Queen of Wink's blog? 5,056,098. Apparently the Queen of Wink gets a lot more blog traffic than her ex-classmate from decades ago, Gar the Texan.

What is Twitter's Alexa Ranking you can't help but wonder? After all it was down for hours this morning. It must have a bad Alexa Ranking. No. Twitter is #12.

What can we possibly do to get Gar the Texan's Alexa Rankings up to a Queen of Wink level?

6 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Oooh...Oooh...Mr. Carter...I know! I know! Pick me! Stop talking about Aquarians?

Durango said...

CT2----I agree, ceasing to talk about horoscope nonsense might improve the credibility factor, somewhat. More of a connection to the real world is likely a good idea.

Gar said...

I never was much on fitting in. I'm looking for the small percentage of people who enjoy the strange and unusual because I am strange and unusual.

Durango said...

Gar, you really aren't all that strange and unusual.

Gar said...

It's my excuse for chronic lowalexaitis and I'm sticking with it.

Durango said...

Gar----I am fairly certain that if you cure your bad case of lowalexaitis you will find that your other itises would also be cured. It is all inter-related.