Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another Foggy, Drizzling, Gray Fort Worth Thursday

That is the 9am morning view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony. Another gray, foggy day in Fort Worth, Texas.

I went swimming in a fog this morning. That was enjoyable. We neared 90, yesterday, temperature-wise, so the water had warmed considerably.

Way too often the simplest of things can befuddle me. Last night it was figuring out how to get Miss Puerto Rico's TV to work. Eventually I gave up and watched The New Adventures of Old Christine through a lot of snow, while I ate a bunch of chicken wings.

By this morning I looked at the TV controller again and realized I had to hit the VCR/TV switch to make it work. It has been a couple years since I quit using a VCR to control my TV, so I'd totally forgotten about a VCR/TV switch on a remote control. I partly attribute my semi-senility to having been up since 3am and being a bit tired.

I got a couple amusing comments to a blogging yesterday about Vancouver being the Fort Worth of the North. Steve A. pointed out to me that Vancouver is in the Southwest, unless you are an Imperialist American. Steve also pointed out to me that Victoria is the Fort Worth of Southwest Canada, which makes Vancouver the Dallas of the Canadian Southwest.

Yesterday was a good day. We'll have to wait and see how today goes.

No comments: