Friday, May 8, 2009

Village Creek Vanishing Pipelines, Topless Jogger & Lubricant

On May 1 I blogged about pedaling my bike at Village Creek Natural Historical Area and being surprised to discover that the reason I'd been seeing a sidewalk closed sign for weeks was because a pipeline was being run across the trail.

That and I saw a mess of other pipelines. And the mess those laying the pipelines had made.

Now, today, 8 days later, I pedaled the Village Creek trail again and found no sidewalk closed sign, no pipelines. And the muddy ruts had been smoothed over and re-seeded.

The only mess left behind was where the sidewalk closed sign had been on the north side of the underpass. A big pile of material that had been used to block the trail had been left behind and seemed to be deteriorating. Maybe that's the disposal method, to let the elements slowly melt it away.

I did have something else happen today while pedaling at Village Creek. Naked Bike Ride Day takes place in a few days. Austin is being vexed because even though Austin is on the list of Naked Bike Ride Day towns, no one in Austin has organized this year's ride.

I digress. I mention the Naked Bike Ride Day due to what I saw on the trail at Village Creek Natural Area today. Keyword, natural. I was peacefully pedaling along, quite fast, when in the distance I saw what appeared to be a female form. Topless. With the non-covered top jiggling quite vigorously as the jiggler jogged along.

As I got closer I thought, topless for sure, either that or form-fitting flesh-colored shirt. As I got still closer the form started to look less female. As I got within 100 feet I realized it was an older man with long white hair and the biggest man boobs I have ever seen.

That's been my Friday today. That and that vehicular mechanical problem that had me cranky yesterday was easily fixed with a squirt of White Lightning Lubricant. I am not mechanically minded. But I can accidentally fix things sometimes.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

The latest craze...Manzeers! Go out and buy one for that special man in your life.

I would say that Gar's travel distractions were more appetizing...:P

Tootsie Tonasket said...

Where`s the pic of them enormous man boobies?