Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Putting The Dallas Morning News On The Do Not Call Registry

Yesterday I blogged about getting pestered by multiple phone calls from (636) 925-1746 and how a little Googling led me to learning that this number is a phone bank thing used by newspapers. I speculated it was either the Dallas Morning News or the Fort Worth Star-Telegram trying to get me to re-subscribe.

I was wrong. It's even stupider.

My one reader may remember me dropping the Dallas paper after they stopped delivering due to them never managing to get a bill to me after my 3 month pre-paid subscription had run out.

When I told their customer service guy I was not going to pay them $30 a month, for their paper, I also told him to send me a bill for the amount owed, which was $27.50, I think.

I have not received a bill. But I have been getting those annoying phone calls. Today I decided to answer it.

A woman not fluent in English fumbled through mispronouncing my name, mangling it really bad. Then she tried to do some "how are you doing" type pleasantries. To which I said what do you want and why do you keep calling me?

To which she said she was calling on behalf of the Dallas Morning News to tell me I was late paying for my subscription.

I told her I was told I would be sent a bill and no bill has arrived. To which she said "Thank you, sir. I will put in a request for a bill on your behalf." Or something like that.

I'm appalled that the Dallas Morning News has gone from the slick way they hooked in a new subscriber, to continuing to totally botch up ever since.

No comments: