Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Durango World America

I'm sure I'll come to regret it, but I started another blog today, well, actually, finally decided to go ahead with it and post something.

I'd grown bored and annoyed with the TV Blog I started months ago. At times that Blog can get thousands of visits a day. But it doesn't generate the ad revenue one would think thousands of visits would generate, due to the type ads the TV Blog attracts, I guess. While this blog you're reading right now does not, usually, get as many visitors as the TV Blog, it generates way more ad revenue.

I know from my Eyes on Texas website that travel and tourist information causes real good ad revenue generation. So, a travel/tourist type blog, which is actually something I can get more motivated to write about than TV, seemed like a good idea. I don't even watch all that much TV. But I have done some traveling and touristing while I've been on the planet.

When you make up a blog name in the Google Blogger it can be a bit frustrating. I don't even remember what name I hoped to get, but they kept getting rejecting, due to all ready being taken. Which is how I ended up with Durango World America. It sounds real global. It may grow on me in time.

So far, the blog has only the first posting, that being the one I wrote today. If history is any indication, I am likely about to go into maniac mode on this new blog and will quickly have it having an awful lot of posts. I'm amazed I've spewed out about 200 TV bloggings. That's impressive, if I do say so myself, what with what little TV viewing I do.

Now, that has been my day. A lot of aggravation and a new blog.

No comments: