Monday, May 4, 2009

Veterans Park, Fry's, Sweet Tomatoes and Strawberries

Isn't it about Day 12 of the Swine Flu Siege? Everywhere I go there are kids. It's time for them to go back to school. Then again we are almost at the time of year when school here lets out for the summer, so the respite would be brief.

I have a slightly sore throat and an odd burning sensation. I'm not much of a hypochondriac, but I'm almost certain my immune system is battling something.

I needed to get a web cam today. That meant going to Fry's Electronics in Arlington. That easily turned into going on a hike around Veterans Park on the way.

There were a lot of those aforementioned kids running around in Veterans Park. Veterans Park is in Arlington. Has Arlington closed its schools too? I don't know.

Today the Veteran statue at the memorial in Veterans Park, in addition to his regular guard duty, was also protecting wildflowers, helping to enforce a sign asking people to please STAY OFF WILDFLOWERS. Sadly, there did not appear to be too many wildflowers to stay off of, with no real need for a guard.

I don't like shopping, unless I already know exactly what I want. This was not the case with the web cam. Too many choices of varying levels of quality. I ended up with an HP web cam.

After Fry's it was around lunch time. Since I was in the neighborhood, a visit to Sweet Tomatoes seemed to make sense. Despite previously saying that until this flu crisis abates I was going to stay out of buffet lines.

But, I came prepared. I had my mask, I had several pairs of surgical gloves, I had my hand sanitizer. I'm almost 100% I did not pick up a virus while picking up stuff to eat in the buffet line.

Speaking of eating, it had been awhile since I'd been to Sweet Tomatoes. It seemed particularly good today. Strawberry is the theme for the month. There was a strawberry salad, strawberry buttermilk muffin,, strawberry mouse (is that how you spell that? It does not look right), strawberry cobbler and I'm probably forgetting a strawberry thing or two.

2 comments:

Tootsie Tonasket said...

Anyway Darlin` D, actually STRAWBERRY MOUSSE. Not sure you want to correct blog. Maybe porpussely left mouse fer fun comments?

Durango said...

Thanks for the spelling correction, Tootsie.