Monday, May 18, 2009

Veterans Park, Chinatown & Roses

Today I needed some Chinese fixin's, which everyone knows means I go to Arlington's Chinatown to the Hong Kong Marketplace.

And since I was in Arlington, obviously I went hiking at Veterans Park before getting Chinese fixin's.

Veterans Park had way too many guys, today, with nothing better to do than play Disc Golf. This makes it a bit hazardous at times as spinning discs randomly fly through the air.

I've only been hit once. And it didn't hurt too bad. I did get a bruise though. But I bruise easily, so that bruise was no indicator of the brutality level of the spinning disc blow.

Someone had vandalized the sign that asks people to "Stay Off the Wildflowers," scratching out the "Off" word, replacing "Off" with "On."

In the Xeriscape Garden part of the park, roses were busy blooming and putting off a lot of rose odor. It smelled real good.

That's one of the roses in the picture. Okay, I'm absolutely no good at identifying flowers. I'm almost 100% that this was a rose. It smelled like one. Or what I think a rose smells like.

Writing this blog right now has taken up way too much mental energy. I'm going swimming.

No comments: