Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu Closures Epidemic in Dallas/Fort Worth

Attempting to stop the new variant of Swine Flu from going pandemic is causing some strange inconsistencies.

All the schools are closed in Fort Worth. Dallas has not closed all its schools.

Fort Worth has canceled MayFest, this hugely popular arts, crafts and music festival in Trinity Park along the banks of the Trinity River. Cinco de Mayo Festivals in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have been canceled.

I have not heard that Dallas Maverick basketball games have been canceled. Or Texas Ranger baseball games. It would seem being in tight quarters with a mass of humanity in a sports venue would pose a much greater virus passing chance than an outdoor event.

The Dave Matthews Band and Kenny Chesney are at 2 Dallas venues on Saturday. I've not heard that these have been canceled.

I don't know if the world's biggest honky tonk, that being Billy Bob's in the Fort Worth Stockyards, has closed.

Yesterday I saw that Wal-Mart has now placed hand sanitizers at its entry. I did not see anyone bothering to use the hand sanitizer.

1 comment:

twister said...

I went to google and asked it how many people die yearly of influenza in the U.S. It sent me to the CDC sight and said that yearly it's estimated
36,000 people die yearly from the flu. How many people have come down with swine flue in the states? Someone today told me one hundred. I think it's safe to say this is a gross overreaction on the part of our local government. ACHOO!