Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Hunky Dory Day at the Tandy Hills Natural Area

Everything was going just hunky dory today, well, except for my pool still being closed. I'd solved a long time vexation over Feedburner and was feeling real pleased about that.

I'm not missing a morning paper, even though I did glance through that Star-Telegram that was left at my door this morning.

Like I said, everything was going just fine, one good thing after another. And then I decided it had been enough days, since our recent deluge, that the Tandy Hills should be dried out and hikable.

So, I go to get in my vehicle to find that a mechanical problem, that was fixed a month ago, is back malfunctioning. It's no HUGE big deal, but still annoying, particularly since I had such a long string of things going right going.

Thus, I got to the Tandy Hills Natural Area (I'm switching to calling it Natural Area instead of Park, due to noticing that's how Don Young refers to it. And he knows best about such matters) in a grumpy mood. But was pleased to find the hills dried out enough for a very hot, humid hike. The only muddy zone was very odd. It was on the slope up to the former Tandy Hills Shrine. It made no sense that this was muddy. Other, usual wet spots were dried out. Why was this usually dry slope muddy? It perplexed me.

It was too hot and humid today to be wearing my heavy duty cargo shorts. After about an hour I was saturated. It's time to break out the nice breezy mesh shorts.

The Tandy Hills Wildflowers were being their most numerous yet. The picture above does not do them justice. You should see them with your own eyes and not rely on my photo taking skills.

Remember. The Prairieland Wildflower Ball is this Saturday at the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

3 comments:

@li said...

Mesh shorts? Are they see through?

Tootsie Tonasket said...

Oh dear oh my soon to be wearing see through gear. What`s the address you`ll be hiking at tomorrow? And time?

Durango said...

Thank you for your concern, Tootsie and @li, about my hiking attire. I see few other hikers while I'm climbing the mountains. I suppose if the light was just right the mesh shorts might be a bit see-through. I think I can handle the exposure.