Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yoga Keeps Me Young

This morning's Fort Worth Star-Telegram had an article about a 90 year old Yoga Master, Kantilal Talati, who has been doing yoga for decades, after he had a heart attack when he was 44.

When asked how old he is, he always says "18".

He's never sick, never gets a headache. And takes no medications.

I'm often asked why I look so much younger than my 39 years. I attribute my relative youthfulness also to decades of yoga. It keeps you limber. Yoga is really easy to do. You just have to keep at it til the postures become second nature. The head stand took me the longest to perfect. It's great for cerebral blood flow.

Now get out of that chair and go stretch yourself. Or quit sitting and stand on your head for awhile.

2 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Hello? I thought you went to high school with an ex-friend who is over 50?
AND...are you nekkid in that photo?
honestly Durango...you are a MESS
but love here in GA
xo lulu

Durango said...

The person to whom you refer, and myself, did go to the same high school. But not the same year. Doing yoga is much easier without constrictive outerwear. And, yes, I am a MESS. You should see my eye this morning.