Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sarah Palin's Republican Convention Speech

There seems to be a lot of hubbub about tonight's Sarah Palin speech. The numbers viewing are expected to be huge, possibly in the same record breaking numbers as Obama's acceptance speech last week. That I only managed to watch about a half hour of.

I'm determined that, no matter what, I will manage to watch Sarah Palin give the speech of her life tonight. No one will distract me. As God is my witness, I shall watch.

Gar the Texan says God is our imaginary friend we talk to and ask for favors. He's such an atheist.

I listened to Rush Limbaugh again today. That's two days in a row. He was doing some good ranting about Sarah Palin and the attacks against her. Rush said the Democrats are upset because "they don't have a Sarah Palin. She's twice the man Obama is."

Yes, it's true, he said this.

Another Rush gem...

"Feminists may not be mad about sexist attacks on Sarah Palin, but the women who make America work are. Why's the media trying to drive her off the ticket, if she's so bad? Because they thought they'd killed conservatism. We're running against the entire Washington Government Machine, folks."

And this...

"Despicable feminist Sally Quinn slams Sarah Palin, and says a mother should put her kids first and be subservient to her husband -- which, Sally presumes to tell us, is what an evangelical wife is. Liberals like Sally and Soledad O'Brien can have kids and work, but Sarah Palin can't be a mom and govern."

And this...

"Governor Sarah Palin -- just in her being, just in her essence -- destroys every myth that the liberals have told us that they want in women. The feminists have set everything back to their mothers' generation."

I saw Sarah Palin during lunch, practicing with the teleprompters for tonight. She sure is darn cute. I don't know if I want a darn cute Vice-President, or President for that matter. That was my main problem with John Edwards, long before we learned he was a scumbag, he was just too darn cute to be President. A cute First Lady is a good thing. Like Jackie Kennedy. Nancy Reagan was cute for an older gal. Hillary had her moments. Laura Bush reminds me too much of someone who spanked me when I was too old to be spanked. And Sarah Palin's husband needs to lose that goatee thing he's got going on.

I'm done, I'm fresh out of pointless opinions.

6 comments:

Gar said...

I believe in Jim.

Durango said...

So. You've stopped being an atheist and are now a Jim follower? This must be an Eastern religion.

Gar said...

Well, I read somewhere that about 90% of Americans are religious so I figured I should assimilate. I decided to go with Jim. It's 3 letters and easy to type. He's only got 1 or 2 commandments and no gates or walls.

Durango said...

God also only has 3 letters and is easy to type. But He has 10 Commandments, most of which I know you've broken at least once. How much money does Jim require you to pay to be in his church? I'm assuming it's less than the standard 10% of the Christian God-oriented churches, since you've only got a couple commandments and no gates or walls. I'm glad you decided to conform and join the others among the 90% who are religious like you.

Gar said...

Jim says that money is a man made thing and He wants no part of it. He also wants me to let you know that on most keyboards, the J, I and M are all in close proximity. Very close.

Durango said...

I see why you worship JIM now. G O D is far apart on the keyboard, thus bringing all sortsa issues into question. Was there Divine Design when the keyboard was made? It seems not. I don't know what to make of this revelation.