Saturday, November 10, 2018

What Erases Wichita Falls Directions?

If I remember correctly, which I sometimes do, I have previously mentioned that one of the things Wichita Falls does well is the directional signage one sees whatever direction one is going to in Wichita Falls.

The Wichita Falls directional signage helped me find many a location when first learning what was what and where was where in this town.

There are some Wichita Falls landmarks which do not show up on the directional signage.

Such as Mount Wichita. I have not seen any sign directing anyone in the direction of Mount Wichita.

Lately I have seen something on some of the Wichita Falls directional signage which perplexes me.

Such as that which you do not see on the directional signage you see photo documented here.

This particular Wichita Falls directional signage is located near my abode, at the intersection of Southwest Parkway and Taft Boulevard.

I can no longer read what this particular sign directed me to. I do not remember what this particular sign directed one to.

Whatever was on this sign has been whited out, covered up, erased.

Why? I have no clue. And this is not the only instance of Wichita Falls directional signage which has had this done to it. Have some Wichita Falls destinations been eliminated, closed, moved? Hence being erased from directional signage?

Very perplexing. I suspect I will soon learn the solution to this mystery...

No comments: