Monday, November 19, 2018

Biking Wichita Falls MSU Finding Mickey Mouse With Head Wound

The outer world warmed up enough this third Monday of the 2018 version of November to allow a pleasant bike ride with only a few extra layers needed of insulative clothing material.

But, I quickly realized I should have worn gloves other than my open finger biking gloves. Hours later my fingertips are no longer numb.

Rolling through the MSU campus I soon saw that the Fantasy of Lights displays are in full fantasy mode, with electric motors whirring, animating the parts of the fantasy with moving parts.

My bike stopped at the spot you see above where I noticed a big hole though Mickey's Mouse's head. I do not believe Mickey was the victim of an assassination attempt, but instead Mickey, along with multiple other famous figures, is providing photo opportunities for someone wanting to stick their face in the hole in Mickey's head.

The background for the Mickey Mouse photo op location has a pair of what appear to be singers singing whilst a piano man plays, with the Emerald City, Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Toto to the right. I don't know if you can make out the Old Lady Who Lives in a Shoe and all her kids. Or Santa's Train.


Further along in the Fantasy of Lights I came upon the moving scene you see above, depicting a migrant family finding shelter in a barn where a baby is born, with sheep and what look to be three Africans with camels looking on.

Rolling through the Wichita Falls version of Beverly Hills today I saw many mansions decked out in Holiday splendor. I may try and photo document some of that on another day. Though I do not know how documentable this would be in broad daylight. I guess there is only one way to find out...

No comments: