Sunday, November 11, 2018

Cold Wichita Falls Sunday With Ebeneezer Scrooge Writing Sponge

On Wednesday, after a Chilly Ride To Wichita Falls Fantasy Of Lights RockI made mention of the fact that prior to stopping at the Wichita Falls Fantasy of Light Rock I had passed by what looked to be a Scrooge tombstone.

And I also mentioned that the next time I was in the Fantasy of Lights neighborhood I would stop at the Scrooge tombstone.

And so, this cold Sunday in November, that is what I did, which you see photo documented here.

Turns out, via this Ebeneezer Scrooge tombstone, the infamous miser is soliciting funds.

My handlebars are blocking the full text which at the bottom of the tombstone says PLEASE DONATE with arrows pointing to a slot in a locked strongbox secured inside the tombstone.

On the tombstone, under EBENEEZER SCROOGE and above the PLEASE DONATE there are some words forming what may be a sentence, of which my limited understanding of English is not quite able to parse the meaning---

SPIRIT TELL ME I MAY SPONGE AWAY THE WRITING ON THIS STONE

Maybe someone well versed in Dickensian speech can translate...

No comments: