Saturday, April 14, 2018

Windy Cold Lucy Park Adventure To Wichita Falls

What with winter deciding to make yet one more weekend return to North Texas, blowing in extremely cold overnight, there was no way I was in the mood to layer on the outerwear to venture out into the outer world to roll my pedal powered wheels anywhere.

So, I opted to roll my mechanized wheels to Lucy Park, a location I formerly frequented frequently but in recent times, not so much.

I thought what with me being the semi-official Wichita Falls Outdoor Adventure Guru I would have myself some waterfall adventuring at Wichita Falls today.

As you can see Wichita Falls is running in full fall mode today. The Wichita River was also running a lot of water. Seems odd since not much rain has fallen of late.

Well, let's take a look at some views some have never seen of Wichita Falls, including a video which you will come to as you scroll down the photos.


Above we are hiking the serpentine brick trail which meanders to the top of Wichita Falls. You can see a peak at the falls through the foliage.


Now we are at the top of the falls, looking over the watery precipice, getting soaked from the windblown mist.


Another look at the roaring waterfall that sort of gives this town its name.


Another view from the top of Wichita Falls, looking down on the new Circle Trail bridge across the falls and the aforementioned Wichita River.


Above we are at the bottom of the falls, about to run up those steps to get up close to the top of the falls.


There we are, as far as one can go on those steps, up close to Wichita Falls.

And below you can join me on a video run up those steps to the view you see above...

No comments: