Friday, April 13, 2018

Tomorrow April Iceman Cometh Again To North Texas

Last weekend North Texas dropped into an April deep freeze, with the temperature several degrees below freezing at its chilliest.

By Monday the deep freeze retreated.

By Thursday the outer world in North Texas found itself heated into the 90s, with thousands of A/C units on and cooling for the first time in 2018.

While the air was being heated into the 90s the warmth was blowing in from the south at high speed.

Those high speed winds, gusting at time to speeds nearing 40, made for a challenging bike ride yesterday when I rolled my wheels to Lake Wichita to do some dock floating and rocking and rolling.

At one point a gust removed my new sunglasses and sent them to a watery grave.

And now, this morning, I learn via the Wichita Falls Times News Record, we are once again heading into a freeze.


A windy freeze tomorrow, as you can see via the screen cap above. I suppose I will go on a warm windy bike ride today, and likely fore go that pleasure tomorrow....

No comments: