Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gray Sky and Thawed Swimsuits in Fort Worth

Today the bone-chilling freeze of Fort Worth lifted. My swimsuit thawed and was once more wearable. It is a balmy 45 at 4 in the afternoon.

We have been covered by gray skies for 3 days in a row. I am slipping ever deeper into Seasonally Affected Disorder. A couple hours ago the gray skies started to drop little bits of moisture. The Weather Service just issued an alert for Dense Fog tonight.

In other words, even though the weather is being a living hell, here in Texas, this morning, unlike yestermorning, I managed to get in the pool. I lasted all of 2 minutes. It was by far the coldest yet. Which, I guess, makes sense, due to the temps not getting above freezing for about 48 hours.

My getting in the pool in the morning is starting to be an issue with the neighbors. I was told, minutes ago, that someone called the paper to tell them they had a crazy Yankee who was going swimming every morning, one of those damn Polar Bear Yankees. I will not cooperate with someone wanting to do a story about a damn crazy Polar Bear Yankee going swimming in Texas in December. Especially if it's the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

No comments: