Saturday, December 13, 2008

Interlochen Christmas Lights Map & Directions

Yesterday when I blogged about the Interlochen Christmas Lights it did not occur to me to tell people how to find the lights.

By this morning I found several emails asking me for directions. And I found that yesterday's blogging comes up #1 when Googling "Interlochen Christmas Lights." Hence the questions.

Below are 2 maps. The first shows you where Interlochen is in relationship to I-30. That's Interlochen with the big red circle drawn around it. You can see the Interlochen canals on the map. The second map shows the Interlochen Traffic Routes.

To find Interlochen all you have to do is exit I-30 at Fielder Road or Eastchase Parkway. From Eastchase head east on Meadowbrook, which becomes Green Oaks. You'll come to a Shell station on your left. Turn right on Randoll Mill Road, at the Shell station. Continue on Randoll Mill til you come to a light. At that point you will likely be encountering a lot of Interlochen traffic. It is pretty straightforward from then on. Just follow the signs.

A more direct route to Interlochen may be found by exiting I-30 at Fielder Road. Go south on Fielder til you come to Randoll Mill Road. Turn right onto Randoll Mill and head west til you are obviously in the Interlochen zone.

From Division Street head north on Bowen Road til it runs into Interlochen.



3 comments:

The Bargain Hunting Mom said...

Our family has a tradition of going to see the lights. We stop at Krispy Creme Donuts first so we have something during the wait in line! We have also gone to Prarie Lights in Grand Prarie. It is really neat too.

cori said...

Durango!
I am thinking about setting up a little group run with my friends through a Christmas lit neightborhood and interlochen seems to be the best one around, but do you think they would let us in, and would there be too much traffic? I'm not sure of the set up with the sidewalks and what have you.

Let me know your thoughts and you're of course invited!

Durango said...

Cori, I don't see why it would not be doable to run through Interlochen during the Christmas Display time. You'd need to assemble and park outside the neighborhood and then run past the police directing traffic. Sounds kind of fun.