Monday, December 1, 2008

Chased By Pack Of Wild Dogs & Mutant Turkey in Fort Worth

It is very windy and cold in Fort Worth today. So, I put on several layers of my Pacific Northwest type outerwear and went to Oakland Lake Park to walk around what I thought was Oakland Lake, until today, when a new sign informed me that I was walking around Fosdic Lake.

Where is Oakland Lake then? Why is Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park? Fort Worth and Texas can really confuse me at times. Don't get me started on how Texas changes the names of roads as you drive around. Green Oaks Boulevard changes to Dottie Lynn Parkway. But you're on the same road. This type thing happens all over this D/FW Metroplex zone.

So, today at Fosdic Lake the first disturbing thing I saw was a very friendly bird that looked like it was the result of a Goose having an affair with a Turkey. The Turkey Mutant was standing alone, just to the left of all the birds you see in the photo on the left. It appeared to me that those Bigoted Birds were shunning the Mutant Turkey. The Bigoted Birds were birds of varied color and type. Geese flocked together with Ducks, very harmoniously. While the sad Mutant Turkey seemed like it was hoping I would be its friend. (that's the Mutant Turkey in the first photo above)

And then on the opposite side of Fosdic Lake I saw something even more disturbing than the Mutant Turkey. At first I thought it was boulders. But I've been at this location on many an occasion. There are no boulders. As I got closer I could tell it was 3 animals of some sort. The 3 were huddled together. I began to think they might be 3 cougars, well, panthers is what they are known as here.

It appeared to me the 3 animals were dead. I saw no movement, no breathing. Did someone kill them and dump them? My camera beeps when I take a photo. On the 4th beep one of the animals lifted up its head.

A dog's head.

Then the other 2 woke up. They started barking. As I started to back off, the pack of wild dogs started to chase me. I've not moved myself so fast since I was attacked by a vicious turtle in Lake Grapevine in July of 2002. I did not realize I could move so fast. I was pre-murderer OJ running through an airport. The dogs were gaining on me, ahead was a fence. I could climb under or go over. I chose the latter. I had no idea I could vault over a fence like some sort of Olympic Gold Medalist. All the while holding my camera.

The dogs abandoned their attempt to kill me after I got over the fence. I did not stop running til I was halfway across the dam that makes Fosdic, or is it Oakland Lake.

On my way back here I called 911 to report that there was a pack of wild dogs rampaging around Oakland Lake Park. And that the other birds were being mean to a Mutant Turkey.

2 comments:

E. Kristie said...

You are so cute. (the other birds being mean to the mutant turkey)

Durango said...

When I was there a couple days ago the mutant turkey was no where to be seen. I think it either got ran off by the flock that stuck together or died of lonliness.