Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st Swimming in Fort Worth, Texas

A month ago, when I made a video of myself swimming on the 1st day of November, I really did not think it was likely I'd be able to do the same thing on the 1st day of December. But, as I often am, I was wrong.

I'm not gonna tell you it wasn't cold. Because it was. It barely made it into the 50s yesterday and got in the 30s overnight. Tonight the low is predicted to be 35. On Tuesday it's supposed to warm up to almost 70. So, the pool water should warm up a bit again.

But, this morning it was so cold I only lasted about 5 minutes before I had to escape frostbite by getting in the hot tub. It didn't help that it continues to be windy. It blew hard all day yesterday, calmed down a bit when the sun went down and now, with the sun back up, it's blowing again.

I guess another month will pass by and I'll be getting in the pool and video documenting my first swim of the Near Year on January 1, 2009.

No comments: