Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fort Worth Space Shuttles, Swimming, Hiking & Zorro's Buffet

I did not see the Space Shuttle Endeavor fly over me when I was in the pool this morning. I was not in the pool very long. I got up real early, as in before 4, I was down at the pool a bit past 7. I don't know when in the morning the Shuttle lifted off from Fort Worth.

It is supposed to get in the 70s this weekend, followed by an Arctic Blast coming in on Monday that might bring snow with it.

I went hiking at the Tandy Hills around noon. And then on to Zorro's Buffet. It's Mexican Food Day on Thursday. Zorro's has added some new Mexican food since my last Thursday visit. There were tamales, chipolte chicken, chicken mole, BBQ pork ribs and all sorts of other good stuff I'm not remembering right now due to a cerebral bloodflow problem.

The chicken mole looked like chicken covered with thick chocolate. I had to ask what mole meant. I was told it's like BBQ. It was messy, but tasty.

Every other time at Zorro's the nearby gas station has a new record low. But not today. The Tandy Hills Gas Station remains the lowest I've seen, at $1.44. Zorro's gas was $1.48.

But on the way back here I saw a Fina station at $1.43. Trouble was this Fina station appeared to have been closed for years. I don't know if it was ironic or funny that this long closed station's long ago prices are now back what we're paying today. Just a couple months ago I would have seen that sign and thought, those were the days, we'll never see them again.

No comments: