Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Below Freezing Today in Texas

Yesterday morning my swimming pool had warmed up a lot from the day before, due to it getting into the 70s during the day and the middle 50s at night. So, yesterday I managed to swim for quite a long time.

A cold front blew in all day yesterday and long into the night. Very windy. Power was knocked out for some Texans. By midnight the temperature was 33. By this morning, when I went down to the pool, it was 26.

So, it's obvious the water would be colder than the day previous. However, with the air being so cold, the water felt warmer than the air. A lot warmer. It was easy to get in the water and swim. I think I lasted about 3 or 4 minutes, when the chill started to penetrate too deep. It took a couple minutes for the hot tub to feel hot.

This swimming when the water is cold thing has taught me a lesson. As in don't ever not do something just because you've got it in your head that you can't. You never know if you can or can't until you try.

No comments: