Monday, December 17, 2018

Wichita Bluff Nature Area Look At Mysterious Construction

Yesterday, on the day known as Sunday, I once again took myself to the Wichita Bluff Nature Area of the Circle Trail.

And once again parked on the new parking lot one finds before Loop 11 crosses the Wichita River.

What you are seeing in the first photo is a look at a side spur off the Circle Trail, which one reaches shortly after passing under the east entry sign indicating one is now in the Wichita Bluff Nature Area area.

I find this side spur slightly perplexing, wondering why guard rail is on both sides of the trail, with no apparent drop off danger in need of providing protection.

There are other areas of the Circle Trail, such as where the trail goes under Midwestern Boulevard, where there is a drop off, but with the aging wooden guard rail missing right at the point where it would be of most use.

Every time I hike the Circle Trail in the Wichita Bluff Nature Area I see something in the distance which I am unable to ascertain as to what it is. From a distance it looks like some sort of entry, maybe, or ruins, or who knows what.

Yesterday I aimed my camera and zoomed in on the mystery, which is what you see below.


Well, a close up photographed look got me no closer to figuring out what this is.

The MSU campus has an art installation called something like Gates of Hercules, or Pillars of Hercules, or some similar name. The above sort of reminds me of that, only way bigger. I suspect this is not some sort of isolated art installation, though.

Changing the subject to something totally different.

Today I am taking a rare late afternoon drive to the D/FW zone so as to go to a Christmas Party at Babe's in North Richland Hills. I have not been to Babe's since January of 2009, during mom and dad's final visit to Texas. At that point in time we went to the original Babe's, that being the one in Roanoke.

I am not much looking forward to tonight's dark drive back to Wichita Falls on treacherous 287. I do not recollect previously driving this road after sunset. I have done a dark drive on 287 from Amarillo to Wichita Falls. That section of 287 is in much better shape than 287 from Wichita Falls to D/FW.

I wonder which it will be tonight? Chicken Fried Chicken? Or Chicken Fried Steak? Or both? With lots of biscuits....

No comments: