Sunday, December 7, 2008

Polar Bear Plunge in Washington & Texas

No. That is not me running into Lake Grapevine in Texas as part of a Polar Bear Plunge.

Instead, it is a group of Polar Bear Plungers running from Matthews Beach Park into Lake Washington in Seattle yesterday. The Polar Bear Plunge was an event hosted by EarthCorps to bring attention to environmental issues and the UN Climate Change Conference taking place in Poland.

Meanwhile, I did my part here, in Fort Worth, to bring attention to environmental issues by doing my regular Polar Bear Plunge into a very cool pool. I got home at 2am, yesterday morning, and was up and in the pool by 8am.

Regarding me being a Polar Bear Plunger, I neglected to mention, in my blogging about Friday's Austin Ranch Christmas Party, that the subject of me getting in icy water came up several times. One amusing lady asked if I was one of those Polar Bear people.

Yesterday I had a great time at Fort Worth's Botanic Garden. I'd not been there in a long time. I think the last time was way back in October of 2001 when friends from up north, Chris and Nancy were here. There was a very cool new addition to the Botanic Gardens and some very colorful foliage that I took pictures of that I'll likely get around processing today.

At midnight it was 39. The low this morning has been 31. It is currently 32.2. I don't see a lengthy time in a pool in my future this morning.

No comments: