Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gas Hits New Low In Fort Worth So I Went Shopping

I've had me a Sunday and it's barely 2:06pm. I got up early, went swimming for a short duration at 8 this morning.

At 11:30 or thereabouts I was in the Tandy Hills zone and saw that gas at the Tandy Hills Gas Station had fallen to $1.44.

Phone call. I've gotta go. Will be back in a bit and continue with this fascinating missive.

Okay, I'm back. It's about a half hour after I had to attend to an "emergency." Like I was saying, gas was $1.44. So I got myself some. And then, as my one reader may remember, when I get gas I call my Mom in Phoenix. No one answered, so I left a message, which was, "$1.44, got to freezing last night, went swimming anyway, talk to you later..."

After I got gas and called my Mom I headed north to Southlake to go to Sprouts Farmers Market. It was the busiest I've ever seen Sprouts. I keep looking for signs of the 2nd Great Depression, but I can find none. I must look harder. I got all sorts of goodies at Sprouts, black grapes, ground buffalo, white cheddar, I forget what all, but it was more than one trip to haul it all in here.

On the way back here I stopped at the North Richland Hills Wal-Mart Supercenter on Davis Boulevard. It's a nice Wal-Mart. Not like my not so nice local Wal-Mart Supercenter. Wal-Mart was super busy. Wal-Mart may be Great Depression proof.

So, that's my Sunday so far, coming up on 3pm. Miss Puerto Rico called a bit ago. She wants me to come over for a libation. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

Nice temps have returned so I've temporarily returned to wearing shorts. I like it when that happens.

No comments: