Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Wichita Falls Discovery Seldom Found In A Fort Worth Park

This morning I had myself a mighty fine time pooling on this next to last Sunday of July.

Since moving to Wichita Falls I have sort of fallen out of my swimming habit. Why? I don't know.

I did not feel today's swimming gave me a sufficient endorphin dose, so, prior to today's birthday party scheduled for this afternoon, I rolled myself to Sikes Lake to walk with the Pokemon Go Zombies.

In the above photo we are in the sculpture garden zone, looking south. In the distance, under the tree, you can see some of the Pokemon Go Zombies.

Today I noticed something I'd not noticed previously, despite having walked by it multiple times.


That something I had not noticed was what you see above. A modern public restroom facility, with drinking fountains, in a public park.

What a concept.

Every Wichita Falls city park I have been to has had modern restroom facilities with running water. I have not seen a single outhouse.

What a contrast with the town I used to live in.

Fort Worth.

Recently America's Biggest Boondoggle, also known as the Trinity River Central City Uptown Panther Island Vision Boondoggle issued its eagerly anticipated quarterly update, letting voters, who were not allowed to vote on The Boondoggle, know what little has been done since the last quarterly update.

In the latest Boondoggle Update we were told about all The Boondoggle has done in Gateway Park, including new restrooms.

When I read that I thought to myself I need to see that to believe it. If new restrooms have been added they sure were constructed quickly. The Boondoggle constructs nothing quickly. I saw no sign of any such thing being built the last time I was in Gateway Park, back in May.

I am going to be back in the D/FW zone on Wednesday. I don't know if I will be able to make it to Gateway Park to see if there are new restrooms. If such a thing does exist I suspect what the "restrooms" actually are are more outhouses, with The Boondoggle's patented cement enclosures, such as The Boondoggle installed at the world's premiere urban waterfront music venue.

It is nice to be back living in a modern American city....

No comments: