Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Wichita Falls Walk Around Sikes Lake With Picasso & Andy Warhol

I was not long in Wichita Falls before I began noticing horses of many colors at locations all over town.

I soon learned this was a citywide public art project called The Mane Event.

The Mane Event has a website where one can find a map of the location of all the horses of many colors.

I soon also learned that the horses were Mustangs and that the Mustang is the mascot of Midwestern State University, a school a short distance from my abode.

Today I traveled that short distance from my abode to walk around Sikes Lake at Midwestern State University.

During that walk around Sikes Lake one comes to the Mane Event Mustangs you see here. A mama Mustang and her baby.

This Mane Mustang is very close to the Wichita Falls Museum of Art. So, it is fitting that this particular Mane Mustang is covered with famous works of art by famous painters.

Including Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Leonardo Da Vinci, Andy Warhol, Paul Cezanne, Paul Gaugin, Johannes Vermeer, Michelangelo and Grant Wood.

Take a virtual tour around this Mane Mustang and see how many of the famous painters and their works of art you can identify. I would hazard to guess most will be able to identify the works of Grant Wood,  Andy Warhol, Leonardo Da Vinci, Picasso and maybe Vincent Van Gogh.









No comments: