Saturday, July 23, 2016

Not Rockin' Fort Worth's Imaginary Capitol Hill Island

No, Capitol Hill is not the latest name of Fort Worth's Trinity River Central City Uptown Panther Island Vision Boondoggle.

But, when I saw that which you see here, this morning in the Seattle Times, Rockin' the River was the first thing which crossed my mind when I saw this picture.

In Seattle they call the music playing venue you see here a "Stage". In Fort Worth, a town prone to shallow pomposity, this stage would be called a "Pavilion".

I don't know if exaggeration prone Fort Worth would stretch reality far enough to mislabel a location like Capitol Hill as Capitol Hill Island.

Even though I think maybe Capitol Hill is more of an island than Fort Worth's imaginary Panther Island, where there is no island, but where three bridges used to be under construction, hoping to one day connect the Fort Worth mainland to the imaginary island.

I will be returning to the Dallas/Fort Worth zone on Wednesday. I may make it to Fort Worth's Boondoggle zone to snap some documentation of the ghost town which that bridge building project has apparently become.

No comments: