Thursday, July 28, 2016

Visit To The Liberty Bell Eagerly Awaiting Hillary's Philadelphia Coronation Speech

What you are looking at here is known as the Liberty Bell.

No, I am not in Philadelphia eagerly awaiting watching Hillary's coronation tonight.

This particular supposedly totally accurate, including crack, replica of the famous Liberty Bell, is located a short distance south of my abode, on the campus of Midwestern State University.

One is advised not to rock the bell or ring the bell clanger, due to, I assume, the thing being so heavy and potentially dangerous, knocking someone unconscious on the swing back.

I figured someone would need to be inebriated for that to actually happen, but with this being a college campus, likely this might be a possibility.

Adjacent to the Liberty Bell are two well known American documents, engraved and set in stone.

On one side is the complete text of the Declaration of Independence. On the opposite side is the Preamble to the United States Constitution.

I have seldom been at a more patriotic location. Mount Rushmore comes to mind, but I digress.

I read the Preamble and wondered to myself how many modern day nonsense spewers, who regularly vow to support some reactionary nut case who has vowed to uphold our sacred constitution, have actually even read the Preamble, let alone the entire U.S. Constitution?

I suspect most of those, well, illiterate types would not even be able to get through the Preamble without misunderstanding and being confused by what they were reading.

Anyway, I'm having myself a mighty fine patriotic day, so far.....

No comments: