Tuesday, July 26, 2016

HOT Walk Over Wichita Falls Sikes Lake Bridge Built Over Water

When I woke up this morning I found myself to be a bit in ache and pain mode. Why I would be in this mode? I don't know.

Did I over do swimming yesterday?

As the morning rolled along the aches and pains seemed to abate, so around noon I rolled my wheels to Sikes Lake to take a walk with the few Pokemon Go Zombies still wandering around this location.

Dead calm. No wind. HOT. I thought the slight cover of clouds might make for some cooling. I thought wrong.

I had myself a mighty fine time in the outdoor sauna, despite the HEAT.

Walking across one of the two bridges which cross Sikes Lake I wondered to myself how long it took to build these signature bridges over water?

I also remembered that I'd yet to hear any report about the current status of Fort Worth's stalled bridges being built over dry land to connect the Fort Worth mainland  to an imaginary island.

I will be in the D/FW zone tomorrow. But I don't think I will make it to the location of America's Biggest Boondoggle to photo document the ghost town I have been told The Boondoggle's bridge construction zone has become....

No comments: