Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rare Texas Raindrops Dropping On My Windshield On Mount Tandy

Those are rare Texas raindrops you are looking at in the picture.

Those rare Texas raindrops were dropping on my windshield.

The location of those rare Texas raindrops dropping on my windshield is on top of Mount Tandy, looking west at the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth, currently with a very dark cloud hanging over it.

By black cloud I am not being metaphorical, referring to something like the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle, by black cloud I am being literal,  referring to the black cloud you see in the picture, hovering over downtown Fort Worth.

My intention when I left  my abode was to go walk around Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park, with my mom. But, as I headed west the weather became increasingly dire, so I drove to the nearby summit of Mount Tandy for a stormy wet photo op.

I did not feel like bumbershooting around Fosdick Lake, with one hand on the umbrella and one on my phone, because I don't think I am coordinated to do such a thing.

So, I called my mom on my retreat back to my dry abode. No answer.

The incoming storm has dropped the temperature into the mid 60s.  The temperature was in the mid 70s when I had myself a mighty fine swim this morning. The forecasters are currently forecasting that we are heading to lows in the 40s in the coming days.

I miss Global  Warming....

No comments: