Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Temperature Records Keep Falling In One Of The HOTTEST Summers In Texas History

The 27th day of July has dawned with a clear sky, near as I can tell. Currently the outdoors in my location is being heated to 83.6 degrees.

That liquid location you see in the picture is looking particularly inviting this morning.

We broke another temperature record yesterday. Again it was the morning low. A record high of 86 for the morning low. The highest morning low ever recorded at the official National Weather Service Dallas/Fort Worth temperature monitoring station.

In these HOT parts of America we keep a Top 10 list of days in a row of triple digit days. We are now tied with 1952 at #3 on the Top 10 list. If the current predictions turn out to be correct, on Saturday we will be at #2 on the Top 10 list at 29 days in a row of 100 or HOTTER.

To reach the coveted #1 position, after Saturday we will need 13 more HOT days to reach the record 42 days in a row of 100 or HOTTER set in 1980.

August of 1980 was the first time I was ever in Fort Worth. I had driven here in a Toyota without A/C. I remember the HEAT was totally unbearable. I did not understand how people could live in such a place. And now, 31 years later, I totally understand how people can live in such a place.

Because I am one of them. About to go swimming in the HEAT and later likely to go hiking in the HEAT.

No comments: