Sunday, July 17, 2011

Finding A Can In The Coke On Sunday's HOT Tandy Hills With No Lizards

It was 92 degrees when I left air-conditioned comfort today, before noon, to head to the top of Mount Tandy to get a HEAT treatment in the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Sauna Steambath Area.

A semi-pleasant breeze blew some heat relief today. I did not get even close to the heatstroke zone.

I found a new Tandy Hills Guerrilla Art Installation today. It is located near the end of the trail that leads into the hills from View Street. Take the final left trail junction and you will find the Art Installation located on the left side of the trail, right before it heads west down a hill.

As you can see this new Art Installation has the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth in its background. The Art Installation consists of an antique Coca-Cola glass with a rusted can inside the glass.

I'm guessing the title for this Tandy Hills Art Installation is "Can in a Coke."

It is beginning to concern me that I have seen no reptiles on the Tandy Hills this summer. No snakes, no lizards. I have never seen all that many snakes on the hills, but last summer the Tandy Hills lizard population seemed well stocked. Including one encounter with a monster lizard about a foot long.

Was our harsh icy winter hard on cold-blooded creatures? By now, usually, I would have had at least one snake encounter at the Village Creek Natural Historic Area. So far all I've seen was a couple water snakes in the now almost dry Village Creek Bayou.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I've not seen any geckos this summer. Usually I'll find geckos stuck to the exterior walls, or my door, sometimes dropping in for a visit.

Are the geckos the parakeet in the Dallas/Fort Worth mine? Dying from air pollution?

No comments: