Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Record Breaking Temperatures Keep Baking North Texas Day After Day After Day

Looking skyward through the bars of my patio prison cell on this last Tuesday of July it appears there are clouds between me and the sun.

However, even with this sun blockage, somehow that HOT overhead orb has managed to heat the air this morning to 87.2, according to my Weather Underground temperature source.

Yesterday we broke the temperature record with the low for the day being a HOT 85.

If we hit 100 again today it will be the 25th day in a row of 100 or HOTTER.

This morning's Fort Worth Star-Telegram announced a Summer Heat Streak Contest. The person who correctly predicts the day the 100-degree streak, as recorded at D/FW Airport, ends, will win 4 tickets to the NRH20 Waterpark in North Richland Hills.

With all these clouds my prediction is the 100-degree streak ends today. I am never correct with these type predictions.

I am not going swimming this morning. My one longtime reader may remember that Tuesday is pool treatment day.

No comments: