Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thinking About Swimming In Fort Worth's Fosdic Lake With Fosdic Orchids & Turtles

With the temperature slightly shy of 100, today around noon, I decided to take my daily constitutional by walking around Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park.

I think walking around a body of water greatly mitigates the HEAT level. With the Real Feel Water Index making the temperature feel pleasantly in the mid 80s around Fosdic Lake

Fosdic Lake was surprisingly clear today. I thought it'd be a murky shade of green, due to the day after day HEAT.

The Fosdic water was so clear I could see submerged turtles.

Looking at Fosdic Lake again had me wondering why this small lake could not be turned into a recreational lake. With swimming.

Other parts of America have cleaned up bigger polluted lake than little Fosdic Lake.

I would guess it would be cheaper to turn Fosdic Lake into a swimming lake than it would be to do whatever needs to be done to re-open Fort Worth's currently closed public swimming pools.

Currently, it seems to me to be a crime against kids that Fort Worth has no public swimming pools.

On a more flowery note. A wildflower was blooming in Oakland Lake Park today. A very delicate purple wildflower.

I am dubbing this wildflower a Fosdic Orchid.

No comments: