Monday, July 4, 2011

The Dawn Of The 4th Of July In Texas

It is the 4th of July with me feeling rebellious. So, I am breaking free of my usual habit of taking a picture from one of my viewing portals on the world.

What you are looking at in the picture is a very tall Uncle Sam walking in the 4th of July Parade in Granbury, Texas.

The 2011 version of the Granbury 4th of July Parade will get underway in a few hours. I do not believe I will be in attendance.

Later today, after the sun sets, fireworks will be lighting up the sky all over the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. I do not know if I will be viewing any of these explosions.

The temperature prediction for today has been revised slightly downward, with the predicted high for today now being only 100 degrees. With the humidity making it feel like 106. A possible late afternoon thunderstorm has been added to the schedule.

A good thunderstorm with a lot of lightning would seem to be an excellent companion piece to a fireworks show.

Currently the sky is void of clouds. Perfect conditions for going swimming, which I think I will do right now.

3 comments:

CatsPaw said...

If you hurry over to Arlington, you can wave at your good friend BK as he rides by.

Durango said...

CP-----I've hurried over to Arlington on the 4th one time previous. It's a real good parade. But it is really long and there is very little shade. And my good friend BK is taking me out for a late lunch so I can wave at him then.

Anonymous said...

BK?

Ben Kingsley? Bjorn Knutsen? Bob Knight? Ben E. Keith? Barney Koenecke? Blaine Kowalski? Bud Kennedy?