Friday, March 5, 2010

Fort Worth's Tandy Hills Are Back Alive With The Sound Of Hiking & Doves Mating

I'm having me a good good day, what a feeling, I'm living my favorite Blackeyed Peas song.

It is almost 70. The windows are open. I'm wearing nothing but the clothes I came into this world in. I think we really have finally left that nasty Winter business behind us and Texas is returning to the Texas I have grown to slightly sort of like. Weather-wise.

This morning, about 10, I saw a sure sign of Spring, right on the window sill outside my computer room. A dove was cooing. Then another dove arrived. Soon there was more cooing. I got out my camera. I moved slow so as not to spook the pair of lovebirds, and zoomed in.

The doves definitely were lovebirds, because it was obvious they were on my window sill to do that thing that married doves do to make little dove babies. This did not take too long. And then they were on their way. Because this is a PG-Rated blog I'm only showing you a PG-Rated picture of what was happening on my window sill this morning.

On a totally different subject, long ago I blogged, several times, about Only Child Syndrome, after I had a harrowing experience with one of the worst of the breed. Yesterday Steve Doeung asked me if the recent comment fest on my blog, over a controversial Wink Sinkhole, was the most out of control my blog comments have ever gotten. I forgot about the comments to the Only Child Syndrome bloggings.

Today I got an Only Child Syndrome comment from Ryan, a really long one, telling me about his personal bad experience with a person with a bad case of OCS. I commented on Ryan's comment and then Ryan commented on my comment, telling me he'd sent the link, to my blogging about OCS to the ex-girlfriend OCSer, and that I might be getting some comments. I sense another awesome blog comment flurry coming on.

Now, changing subjects again. Back to me. So, this morning was the warmest morning in awhile. I was in the pool before 7. I stayed in the water the longest of the new year. Maybe 10 minutes, before I began to fear for my extremities.

Today I decided we'd had enough semi-warm, windy days that the Tandy Hills should be dried out enough for an inspection. I was right. I think it's been well over a month since I've been on the hills. I think the absence of this extremely salubrious activity is what is behind my unexplained weight gain that has turned me into a bloated version of my former svelte self.

In the picture you are looking at a section of the Tandy Hills where the Brush Bashers have removed all non-native growth. This really improves the look of the place. I was impressed.

A lot of bags full of trash await removal, the effort to do so thwarted by our unseemly bad weather.

On a totally unrelated note, but still about me, I'm feeling a little guilty about walking the Queen of Wink all over town yesterday. I learned this morning that she woke up to aching feet. I knew, when we had to take our clothes off to get through the Tarrant County Courthouse security, that the Queen was in extremely high heels.

But, by the time we were doing a lot of fast walking at the Stockyards I'd forgotten this, til I mentioned we were at the spot where I'd seen Hillary Clinton navigating a rough surface in high heels. This was when the Queen told me she has been compared to Hillary. I can see the comparison. Strong women with blonde hair who both wear high heels while walking the Stockyards.

I asked about the why of the uncomfortable heels. The need for a Queen to be as tall as possible was the reason. I tried walking taller for a bit, by lifting my heels off the ground, all it did was hurt my calf muscles, but I sure was taller than the Queen of Wink.

Tomorrow will be in the 70s. I'll be back hill hiking. It's addictive. I've had withdrawal symptoms.

I forgot to mention, Tootsie Tonasket called this morning. The Okanogan sheriff, game warden and police raided Tootsie's house again, in search of evidence regarding a deer killing. I can't believe this is happening in my formerly sane state of Washington. Then again, this is taking place in Eastern Washington, a more kook prone location, that extends well into Idaho.

23 comments:

Gar said...

That post was almost as random as one of mine. Weather, doves, sex, only children, Steve, and Wink Sinks.

I firmly believe that for those that are interested in the controversy regarding the Wink Sink, you should point them to my factual summary.

Durango said...

See Gar, okay that's your new nickname. Cigar.

Cigar, your link to your factual summary is very accurate. It says no such page exists.

You forgot high heels and Tootsie Tonasket in your listing of my randomness.

I did not mention it in my random blogging, but yesterday Steve asked if a summit was needed to heal the wounds caused by that particular comment fest to which your non-existent alleged factual summary refers. Steve asked if that was all serious or just having fun. I said, I was having fun, but Cigar, well, you were still Gar at that point, so, Gar was taking it serious, then figured out he was taking it serious and then switched to having fun. Steve seemed quite concerned. I forget what the Queen of Wink said at this point in time.

Gar said...

You are a conspirator. You purposefully somehow managed to mangle my link to keep people from the truth. I vow to try again.

It's good that Steve was concerned. He's probably an Aquarius.

And I am fairly confident that I could go back and re-read that reign of terror and was never called Gar.

Durango said...

Cigar---
You are exhibiting your faulty logic again. If you thought I'd mangled your link, why would you try said link a second time and assume I would not mangle it again? You are just an out of control optimist, aren't you?

Gar said...

There is nothing faulty about my logic unless maybe you count the logic of continuing to feed your raving madness.

It would be silly of you to mangle it again because then you would be proving that you indeed mangled it to begin with.

Durango said...

Cigar---
I can't tell if you are serious or joking. If you are serious, are you really this neurotic that you can't just admit to having made a mistake when you made a link? That is just really sad.

If you are joking, can we de-construct the humor?

I'm thinking telling someone that you feed their raving madness is the type remark that has gotten you shoved down stairs all your life, both literally and metaphorically.

Anonymous said...

Is Cigar Gar annoying in person like he is in comments and on his blog? or is this a character he is playing on the web?

Durango said...

Anonymous---
You expect me to answer a loaded question like that? Cigar may be listening. He can be very brittle, turning easily into a Pissy Little Bitch.

Okay, Anonymous, I'll tell you this, the live version of Cigar and the Blog version are very similar.

Does that answer your question?

Gar said...

I only come across as annoying to those not intelligent enough to follow along.

I guess you have categorized yourself. Congratulations.

Durango said...

Cigar---

I'm glad to see you are working hard on toning down that Superiority Complex problem that gets you shoved down stairs regularly.

Just curious, but upon what do you glean the conclusion that you only come across as annoying to those not intelligent to follow along? Follow along what?

Who is the mysterious "you" who got categorized as not intelligent enough to follow whatever it is you are referencing that is difficult to follow?

And, one more question, and this is the most important one, have you been drinking?

Gar said...

I see you are trying very hard to prove my point.

Thanks for taking care of that.

Durango said...

Cigar---

You actually think you have a point? I just hit the publish button on about 20 comments and yours was the only one that I could not figure out what the point was. I'm not saying it was pointless. Well, I guess I am.

Gar said...

Sounds like a personal problem. Or perhaps a personnel problem.

Durango said...

Cigar---

Am I gonna have to limit you to 20 nonsensical comments a day? You are almost over your limit.

I must say I am very impressed that even in your current state of extreme intoxication you seem to know there is a difference between personal & personnel.

Gar said...

EnDurandGo --

My extreme intoxication knows no bounds.

At least I'll sober up. For you there is no hope.

It kind of makes me sad.

Durango said...

Cigar---

EnDurandGo? I'm sorry you are sad, but you really need to stay off your keyboard til your blood alcohol level goes back down below .10%

This excessive alcohol intake is likely what is causing your early male pattern baldness and impotence woes.

Gar said...

I quite enjoy my balding impotence. And my building importance.

Durango does not lend itself to the easy derivation of derogatory nicknames. It has become a new irritant.

I am also fond of finding new irritants.

You are a seemingly ceaseless source of fondness.

Durango said...

Garborator---

It's Sunday morning. You seem to have sobered up. I am almost able to make sense of your tortured verbiage.

If you were an oyster, irritants would eventually turn into a pearl. Unfortunately, you are not an oyster, so irritants just seem to turn you into a cranky ol' whiney boy.

I can't imagine why you would put effort into looking for an easy derivation to turn Durango into a derogatory nickname. What in the world would motivate you to do such a thing?

It is very perplexing. I attribute this behavior, maybe, to cerebral blood flow woes caused by excessive alcohol consumption, combined with blood sugar level woes due to your special condition.

Gar said...

You say it is Sunday so I must be sober, but you are the one suddenly able to make sense out of something I wrote Saturday evening at 7:19.

Yesterday you couldn't understand what I wrote yesterday, but today you can understand what I wrote yesterday. Who was drinking?

I suddenly remember why you are the pot.

Gar said...

Speaking of oysters, irritants and pearls.

Do you know why oysters don't like giving up their pearls?

.
.
.

Because they are shellfish.

Durango said...

Garbro---

I know figuring out various scenarios is not one of your strong suits, but I never read your comment, that I finally understood, til early Sunday morning. Maybe when I'm well rested I am better able to understand your drunken ramblings.

And oysters don't like giving up their pearls because giving them up means they are a dead oyster. It has nothing to do with them being shellfish.

And, speaking on behalf of oysters everywhere, none of them make bad puns, which, sadly, indicates oysters are more highly evolved than the Garborator.

Gar said...

Wow, your ability to spin knows no bounds. I'm almost jealous.

It's like you read what I wrote and then spin what you think you wrote based on what I wrote. It's... Incredible!

I don't think oysters make puns at all.

Durango said...

Garlow---

Well, it is late in the afternoon of Sunday and, apparently, you are back in your cups, speaking in cliches and really making no sense, again.

I can not help but wonder, when, or if, you read what your write, when you are back sober, do you have some understanding why us sober people have trouble parsing your words?

As for oysters not making puns. I suspect, lifelong landlocked boy that you are, that you have had very little, if any, intercourse with oysters.

I think, maybe, Ivar's Fish & Chips and Chowder House may have had a talking oyster that made bad, Garfro-like puns, maybe. It's been a lot of years since I've seen an Ivar's ad, or been in an Ivar's.

Now, you go enjoy your evening gradually losing consciousness and don't get yourself too jealous over your primitive spinning abilities as compared to mine.