Monday, March 22, 2010

2010 Fort Worth MAIN ST. Arts Festival

In April, Fort Worth has two BIG festivals. First up is the Main Street Arts Festival, opening Thursday, April 8 at 10am.

Then on Saturday, April 24, the Tandy Hills come alive with the sights and sounds of the Prairie Fest.

I have not gone to the MAIN ST. Arts Festival in a few years. It is by far the best of this type festival that I've gone to. This was the first event type thing I saw in Texas that impressed me as being the best I'd ever seen.

Canton First Monday Trade Days is another Texas event, the likes and size of which, I've seen no where else.

When I was at the Fremont Sunday Market, in Seattle, in August of 2008 a lady showed up, conversed, I noticed the accent, asked if she was from Texas. She was. Austin. She gave me her business card. It had an example of her art. I asked if she'd displayed at the Fort Worth Main Street Arts Festival, because her art looked familiar. She said she's there every year. I'll find her, this year, but she won't remember me. Probably.

Click for more info about the Main Street Arts Festival...

No comments: