Friday, March 12, 2010

Fort Worth's Tandy Falls Roars While Elsie Hotpepper Wants Me To Go Bar Crawling

That is the Tandy River roaring over Tandy Falls today, in the heart of the Tandy Hills Natural Area. I think this may be the most water I've seen flowing over Fort Worth's Niagara.

It is a semi-warm Friday, in the 60s, and very windy. Wildfire danger is in the air, I mean, wind, according to the National Weather Service. So, I'll be real careful if I do any smoking outdoors.

Speaking of my health issues. I have recovered from my nearly broken ankle, that nearly had me crippled, due to a bad fall a couple days ago. Thanks for all the words of encouragement that helped me remain strong during this difficult time.

What am I saying? There were no words of encouragement during my most recent difficult time. Heartless, uncaring, be ye.

Elsie Hotpepper read about those busybodies busying themselves with great concern about me being a housebound shut-in who does not get out much. And so, Elsie wants me to go bar crawling with her on Saturday.

I told Elsie bar crawling is not something on my to do list, but she is very insistent.

To shut her up I agreed to Elsie's bar crawling proposal.

By Saturday morning I'm counting on Elsie forgetting, which is her usual pattern. My fall back position is to not answer my phone if Elsie calls tomorrow. No way am I going bar crawling with that Hotpepper woman. I'm not even sure I know what bar crawling is, besides knowing it is something I intuitively do not think sounds fun.

I probably should try and be more open-minded about these type things.

2 comments:

twister said...

You might get to thinking she looks pretty good, long about closing time. She's probably already thinking this about you. The woman wouldn't want to be out with you if she didn't think you'd clean up pretty good. I'd recommend caution anyway. No good was ever accomplished going from bar to bar. Tell her you have a broken ankle or you have a date with a dwarf. She'll understand.

Durango said...

Twister---
Thank you for your wise advice. I value the opinion of my elders who have had more experience than I in these type matters. I'm pretty sure I will be able to keep the situation under sufficient control and that I will not end up with a Hotpepper in my bed. Again. Uncomfortable surprises in the morning are very stressful for me.