Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Severe Thunderstorm Watch For North Texas & Other Woes

It is early Wednesday and already I am having a bad day. I guess I was due for one of those. I think my bad day may have started last night when I spent way too much time with various This, That and the other Thing-Gates, in the search for a good name for a blog.

By morning the gate scandal had cleared up and settled down to being CarterAveGate. Not my first preference, but one really needs to have a good scandal name to go with a good scandal, so this will do.

In the middle of the night WeatherBug started chirping with one of its dire weather warnings, even though I've have tried over and over again to set WeatherBug to being silent all 24 hours of the day. I got out of bed and turned off the speakers. This morning, when I saw WeatherBug flashing, I clicked on the little pest to learn the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center has scheduled a Severe Thunderstorm, today, for us here in North Texas.

The Thunderstorm Watch lasts til 3 this afternoon. I'm heading up to Southlake around noon. I'm guessing I'll be seeing some thunderbolts.

The past 48 hours, give or take a few, I've been miserable with stinging, watery eyes, drippy nasal congestion and other symptoms symptomatic of a cold. Only this is no cold. This morning I took an antihistamine. This seems to have helped.

And then I had an accident on my way to the pool this morning. I got mail out of the mailbox, that went well. Then as I walked towards the pool, I do not know how it happened, but suddenly I tripped and fell to the ground, scraping my right knee and twisting my left ankle.

It hurt so bad I was not able to stand up, at first. I thought I was going to have to crawl back here. Then I tried to stand again and managed to remain vertical. The first few steps were very painful, and then the pain seemed to be melting away. By the time I got in the pool and hot tub my aches and pains were much less painful.

The Severe Thunderstorm Warning makes mention of potential BIG HAIL, but no mention of potential tornado danger.

Oh, I forgot to mention, in addition to all my other misery I got a miserable comment to my blogging yesterday about waddling around Veterans Park, with the comment coming from Mayor Mike Moncrief and his co-hort in crime, Aubrey McClendon, telling me the weather is going to keep me getting ever fatter, keeping me from going to any more silly rallies. They actually called me Lardboy. That hurt my feelings an awful lot.

No comments: