Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Stunning Sikes Lake Wind With Wichita Bluff Views

Til this morning I forgot that yesterday my phone had recorded that which you see here.

A blooming tree of some sort being colorful at Sikes Lake, clearly indicating spring is bout to be sprung.

Cherry tree? Crape Myrtle? I have no idea.

Yesterday morning I returned books to the Wichita Falls Public Library. After that I checked in on the progress at the Wichita Bluff Nature Area, where I quickly determined progress towards completion is progressing quickly.

Such was confirmed this morning via an article in the Wichita Falls Times News Record about stunning views awaiting the Wichita Bluff project's completion.


More often than not the use of that "stunning" word strikes me as ridiculous hyperbole. Actual stunning views are not seen all that often. When you think about it, when was the last time, if ever, you were stunned by a view?

With out thinking too long about it, some of the views I can remember possibly being stunned by are the first time I saw the Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon, Mount Rainier up close, the Railroad Grade Coleman Glacier trail on Mount Baker, multiple other Cascade Mountain trail views and likely multiple other stunning views I am not remembering right now.

Like Devils Tower in Wyoming, that is another view which may have stunned me. Just remembered another one, Houseboating on Lake Powell takes one to one stunning scenic view after another, including the stunner known as Rainbow Bridge.

Maybe if one has never seen anything of the extremely scenic sort one might be stunned by the views one sees on the Wichita Bluffs.

Yesterday I was stunned at Sikes Lake, but not by anything scenic. I was stunned by strong gusts of warm wind. That and that stunningly colorful tree you see at the top....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colorful tree is a Texas Redbud.

Steve A said...

The views of the mud puddles around the side of the Ocean Shores Ace Hardware are stunning. Particularly if you ride your bike through one of the big ones and get thrown off your bike and land on your head. Those views are, literally, stunning! I don't plan to run the experiment personally, however. We old guys are too delicate for such shenanigans.