Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Breaking The Most Days Over 100 Record In Dallas/Fort Worth While Picking Up Tandy Hills Litter

Dry Tandy Hills Creek Litter-Filled Bed
When I left air-conditioned comfort today, around noon, the outer world was heated to 95 degrees.

With a predicted incoming cooling trend I thought this might be my last day to be able to enjoy the salubrious effects of the HOT Tandy Hills Natural Area Sanatorium in 2011.

A strong wind blew across the prairie today. I called the wind Mariah. Mariah created a good Wind Chill Factor that prevented the sauna/steambath factor from kicking in.

Today was my first day on the Tandy Hills since learning of this coming Saturday's Tandy Hills Litter Stomp & Creek Bed Exploration.

In anticipation of Saturday I thought I'd inspect some Tandy Creek Bed today to see if I could find any litter in need of stomping.


I did not have to look very hard. The picture above is the littered view looking west at the creek bed of the recently flooded Tandy Creek that runs under the Tandy Highway, when it is not flooding. This particular litter is located a few feet south of the biggest piece of Tandy Hills litter, other than the old rusting car and truck hulks, that being the Giant Tandy Tire.

The current forecast high for Saturday is 91. Is the Tandy Hills Litter Stomp a "Shirt/Shoes Required Or No Service" type of enterprise?

Speaking of the HEAT, and who isn't? On my way back from the Tandy Hills, listening to the radio, I learned that the official temperature monitoring station at D/FW Airport had confirmed that the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex had hit 100 again, breaking the record for number of days of 100 or more, set in 1980.

It is now almost 4 in the afternoon, with the D/FW temperature measuring station reporting 106 degrees of current HEAT. A record for this 13th day of September.

I must go pick up some litter now.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

It was 106F when I rode home from work today. It was GLORIOUS to have not driven in to work even a single time during the heat. Some say all you motorists are wimps. Not me, of course, but some say...