Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Temperature Sources Misled Me Because It Is Still HOT



I've been looking forward to this first day of September Thursday for 7 days, give or take a day or two, when the temperature forecast for this day was to be the first under 100 degrees after many many days of being way too HOT. 

Supposedly today an upper level low was supposed to arrive to replace the upper level high that has been keeping North Texas way too HOT and DRY for way too long.

And now that the promised cold Thursday has arrived, so has yet one more day heated to over 100, as you can see via looking at both my unreliable temperature sources. One of them has it being 102 today, followed by two more 100 degree days. My Weather Underground unreliable temperature source is saying it will be 99 for the high tomorrow, the same forecast the Weather Underground had for today, yesterday.

Both of my temperature sources have the high at 95 on Sunday, both with a 20% chance of precipitation, with the Weather Underground mixing lightning into the rain.

Changing the subject, briefly, from the all-important temperature, to something else. This morning I had a doctor's appointment in Hurst which kept me from doing any hill hiking or other similar aerobically stimulating activity in the noon time frame. I assumed I would be going on a late afternoon vigorous jaunt somewhere, with cool temperatures and a wind.

However.

It is HOTTER than I was led to believe it would be. And not very windy.

I likely will venture outdoors, anyway, braving the HEAT and get me some salubrious stimulating. Doctor's orders.

No comments: