Monday, September 5, 2011

First Photo Of Layla Caraway Accepting GRNRFF Award For Up A Creek

On of my sources who was in Glen Rose for the Labor Day Weekend Glen Rose Neo-Relix Film Festival sent me this photo of Ms. Layla Caraway receiving the coveted Grand Prize Award in the Conservation Category.

I think I may have already mentioned the film that won the award at the GRNRFF was a Trinity River Improvement Partnership (TRIP) documentary titled "Up A Creek."

You can watch Up A Creek in 4 parts on this very blog. If I remember right at the end of the documentary, when the credits scroll by so does the name of this very blog. I think some photos I took of Trinity River litter may have been used in the documentary. I may be wrong about that.

You can also watch Up A Creek on TRIP's website.

If I had the energy to do so, I would re-watch Up A Creek to see if the part is still there where Adrian Murray makes remarks about Fort Worth's lack of a real newspaper playing the role of Fifth Column (referring to the Star-Telegram) when the term Mr. Murray was intending to use was "Fourth Estate."

However, I think a case could be made that the Fort Worth Star-Telegram does sort of act as a Fifth Column when it comes to how it looks after all the interests of the citizens in the area it covers.

Or doesn't look after all the interests of the citizens in the area it covers.

The Star-Telegram definitely does not play a Fourth Estate role in Fort Worth.

No comments: