Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another HOT Day Breaks More Texas Temperature Records While The Skinny Dipping Thin Man Swims

In the picture you are looking at the Shadow of the Stocking-Capped Skinny Dipping Thin Man early in the morning of the 2nd Wednesday of September.

I don't know if it was a sound effect during a nightmare, or it really happened, but, I think I heard a loud thunderclap last night and some thunder rolling in the distance when I woke up this morning.

Looking at the early morning sky I can not see any stars due to clouds being between me and the sun's celestial partners. So, I guess thunder and lightning is possible.

Lightning strikes in these parched parts of the planets could set off some explosive wildfires. The prairie land of the Tandy Hills is starting to look like a tinderbox in search of a spark.

Yesterday's high, as measured at the official temperature measuring station at D/FW Airport, reached a record of 107, with yet one more day over 100 breaking the record set in 1980 for number of days of 100 or HOTTER.

The following sentence in this morning's Star-Telegram surprises me....

Meteorologists have already handed Texas the crown for the hottest June through August on record in the U.S., with an 86.8-degree average that burned past Oklahoma's 85.2 degrees in 1934.

June through August in Texas is the HOTTEST on record in the U.S.? I know there were a lot of days we were hotter than the Phoenix zone. But, Death Valley? We were HOTTER here from June through August than Death Valley?

Maybe the nightly low goes lower in the deserts of Phoenix and Death Valley, thus making the average for this zone of Texas higher.

It will be a nice change to segue from record breaking HEAT to the upcoming record breaking cold winter with record breaking snow levels in North Texas.

In the meantime, I am going swimming.

No comments: