Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Up Early On The First Wednesday Of August Ready For Some More Record Breaking Texas Heat

I was up before the sun, again, on this 3rd day of August.

I am over 24 hours without any endorphin producing aerobic stimulation. In a few minutes I will alleviate that problem by visiting that glowing bluish thing you see in the picture.

The sun has now arrived, just a couple minutes ago. Already the outer world is being heated to 88.4, heading to a high, again, of 106.

Yesterday, Texas again set an electricity consumption record. That record is expected to be broken again today.

Today will be Day 33 in a Row of 100 or higher in North Texas. The record is 42 Days in a Row. I suspect that record will also be broken.

In summers previous in Texas, if I am remembering correctly, on HOT days there usually was always a good wind blowing. For the most part, this summer, that does not seem to be the case. I think the reliable wind blowing is what made hiking doable during the extreme HOT times in summers past.

If it is windy today, which I doubt will happen, I am going to do myself some HOT hill hiking.

In the meantime, I am going swimming.

1 comment:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Swimming has become Annie's activity of choice for the past couple of weeks. I am taking advantage of the extreme heat and baking my skin in the sun. I am now a nice cinnamon color :-)