Monday, August 15, 2011

Overheating On The Tandy Hills While Helping Elsie Hotpepper Get Dressed

In the picture you are looking at my feet leaving the HOT Tandy Hills for the last time til it cools down in North Texas.

I'd not been on the Tandy Hills for well over a week.

I don't know what has been different this summer than previous HOT Texas summers, but something has been making HOT hill hiking not a fun thing this summer.

Is it the humidity? That always seems to be the fallback explanation.

Is it because I have layered so much adipose tissue on my possibly formerly skinny frame that the fat causes me to overheat?

I suspect excess adipose tissue is not the explanation.

When I realized I was overheating today I made my way back to vehicular air-conditioned comfort via the least hill climbing route.

Overheating today has left me a bit head achy. Not pleasant. I suspect I will survive this latest self-inflicted ordeal.

It was not even 100 when I tried to go hill hiking today. I remember 2 summers ago when a martinet working for the Fort Worth Police gave me a ticket (thrown out) for not wearing a seat belt, it was just under 110. I recollect being HOT that day, but definitely not miserable.

I just got a message telling me that Elsie Hotpepper needs help getting dressed. I need to go attend to that.

2 comments:

CatsPaw said...

I think you need to shake up your routine anyway. Here's a wonder (a "precious gem" they say!) that I suggest you visit and report back:

http://www.trinityrivervision.org/trvblog.aspx?Year=2011&Month=3

They say it's a "sinch" to get there.

CatsPaw said...

Oh ... and "unique and natural" ... your favorites!