Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Shadow Of The Tandy Hills Thin Man Has Grown Fatter

Being on the Tandy Hills in the noon time frame seems to have added some heft to the Shadow of the Tandy Hills Thin Man.

I don't think I'd been on the Tandy Hills since last Saturday. The HEAT has been too HOT, making HOT hill hiking seem not all that appealing.

But today, even though the temperature was slightly over 100, a good steady wind was blowing, thus making the HEAT a little easier to tolerate.

Of late I stick 3 water bottles in the freezer a couple hours before leaving air-conditioned comfort. Really cold water with chunks of ice floating in it makes the HEAT seem less HOT.

I went to Town Talk after my short bout of hill hiking. Frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries were my big find on the Town Talk treasure hunt today. I've been making big pitchers of fruit smoothies lately.

I am very slightly tempted to go swimming again. But it is 104.6 degrees out there right now. That makes the cement surrounding the pool very very HOT.

No comments: