Saturday, August 27, 2011

CatsPaw Is Taking Me To Rustic Creek Ranch To Stay In An Intimate Cottage With Yogi Bear

CatsPaw has been getting me to do things in the past month or two that I don't think I would have been doing without CatsPaw's instigation.

Things like helping make a delivery of toilet paper.

Or agreeing to walk with the dead folk at Oakwood Cemetery in Fort Worth.

And then yesterday CatsPaw talked me into going to some place down in the Burleson zone, at the southwest edge of the D/FW Metroplex, called Rustic Creek Ranch.

Apparently Rustic Creek Ranch has 248 full service RV sites, 2 resort size swimming pools, 4 recreation buildings (where you can play candy bar bingo, sing karaoke and other stuff), or stay in one of 37 intimate cottages, where Yogi Bear would love to come and visit, or just to tuck us in to bed.

According to the Rustic Creek Ranch promotional literature, all this takes place on "69 acres of pure Texas soil."

As opposed to impure Texas soil?

I don't know what makes a cabin "intimate." It should be interesting to find out, and see what level of effort Yogi Bear goes to to help achieve the desired level of intimacy.

I stayed in a log cabin on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon one snowy October day in 1994. I can see why one might describe that Grand Canyon cabin as intimate. Particularly when the blizzard hit.

Yogi Bear was not visiting the North Rim of the Grand Canyon when I was there. I suspect he was up north, at Yellowstone National Park. I wonder how the Rustic Creek Ranch people got Yogi Bear out of Yellowstone? I hope they did not kidnap him.

2 comments:

CatsPaw said...

Heyyyyy Boo Boo - evidently, RCR is part of Yogi's Jellystone Park System so Yogi can feel right at home. I do know that Ranger Smith advertises $89 nights in pre-set up trailers in the RV section of craigslist.

If this heat keeps up, we're gonna need a super cooler for our pic-a-nic basket. I don't even want to contemplate what poor Yogi might smell like in this heat without frequent trips to the dry cleaner - ursa perspirus in extremus.

Durango said...

CatsPaw, I am a bit concerned regarding where Boo Boo is. Did he get left behind in Yellowstone? Yogi is likely hygienically okay, taking daily dips in the RCR pools.