Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trying To Track The Location Of My Mom & Dad While Walking With The Texas Ghosts Along Arlington's Village Creek

It was over 100 by a couple degrees, when I left air-conditioned comfort to head to a shaded place to walk under trees.

Only two places meet the shaded walk place criteria within a 10 mile radius of my location, as far as I know.

Both in Arlington. River Legacy Park and the Village Creek Natural Historic Area.

I chose history over legacy today.

As you can see in the picture there is still greenery surrounding the now dried up Village Creek Bayou. I worry where the fish, snakes, alligator gar and turtles go when a bayou goes dry.

I talked to my Arizona sister whilst walking in the jungle today. We compared our relative HEAT levels (double meaning). At that point in time my sister was HOTTER than me by 6 degrees. I think I likely beat Arizona in the Real Feel Heat Index, due to the Valley of the Sun, where Phoenix and Chandler lie, being in a desert. A dry HEAT desert.

Currently the Real Feel Heat Index at my location in North Texas is 114 degrees. 108.6 feeling like 114. Meanwhile in Phoenix it is 107.7 feeling like 112.

This morning I was surprised to learn that the local vigilante version of Homeland Security thwarted a plot to stick me in a kayak in the Trinity River, then flipping the kayak and videotaping me coming back to the surface covered with Trinity River excrement.

There are many reasons I live behind a multi-level security system.

Changing subjects from getting me muddy in the Trinity River to my mom and dad.

Mom and dad's trip to Washington has turned very mysterious. I learned today that when they arrived in Tacoma on Friday they did not stay at my sister's house, instead staying in a hotel. They left Tacoma some time Sunday to retrieve some goods at a location on the Olympic Peninsula, before heading to our old home zone in the Skagit Valley.

I do not know by what route they ended up in the Skagit Valley. I suspect the peninsula route and ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island was taken, thus avoiding the traffic on the east side of Puget Sound.

Apparently mom and dad had a meeting arranged with Spencer Jack and Spencer's dad, my nephew, in Mount Vernon, where my nephew, Jason, made dinner for mom and dad. It is not known if Spencer's uncle Joey was at this dinner.

From Mount Vernon mom and dad headed east across the Cascades, by which pass, it is not known. I think we can rule out the North Cascades Highway Pass, and likely Snoqualmie Pass, as that pass would involve heading south, back into King County and bad traffic again. I am guessing they took Stevens Pass, which has always been our family unit's favorite for multiple reasons.

Reasons like it was the route to getting apples, apricots, peaches, cherries and other Eastern Washington agricultural goodies. The route to Sun Lakes State Park. The route to Soap Lake. The route to Wenatchee State Park. The route to Leavenworth. The route to Stehekin.

And the scenic way to get to my aunt's place on a bluff above the Columbia River south of Othello, which was mom and dad's last known destination.

No comments: